Biodynamics America Foundation Year in Farming
Bringing the EduCareDo Foundation Year to farmers across America
“The healthy Social life is found when in the mirror of each human soul the whole community finds its reflection, and when in the community the virtue of each one is living.” The Motto of Social Ethic. Rudolf Steiner
ALL ENROLLMENTS FOR THE FOUNDATION YEAR IN FARMING ARE TAKEN BY THE BIODYNAMICS ASSOCIATION OF NORTH AMERICA
EDU - What do I know? [Truth]
CARE - How do I care? [Beauty]
DO - What can I do? [Goodness]
The 26 biweekly EduCareDo lessons are included as part of the Biodynamic Farming Foundation Year
The lessons offer a cohesive learning curriculum of short readings, experiential exercises, and artistic activities that bring to life the wisdom and path of knowledge (‘self development for world development’) which stands behind biodynamic agriculture. The weaving together of the breadth and depth of the insights of Rudolf Steiner and Anthroposophy fosters greater consciousness of our role as human beings in the life of the earth, and supports participants in getting to know the foundations of biodynamic agriculture as part of their Biodynamic Farming Foundation Year. Participants submit biweekly diary sheets with questions and reflections and receive individualized feedback from both EduCareDo staff and the BD Foundation Year organizers.
The Lessons are supported by conversations with your Foundation Year cohort, facilitated by the Biodynamic Farmer Foundation Year organizers, which offers a space to ask questions and share experiences from the curriculum, your daily work and life on the farm, and ‘the bigger questions’ of life in a supportive learning group.
EduCareDo Lessons explore the questions...
- How do we know and understand the world?
- How do we find meaning in perceiving the world around us?
- How do we care for other human beings, plants, animals and the earth?
- How do we meet the changing world? And how do we change to meet the world?
- Can we become active participants in the creation of our earth’s future?
“Clarity in the specific, depth in the universal are the two most important requirements of reality." Rudolf Steiner
Lesson themes and topics include...
- Developing the Human Senses
- Goethe’s Phenomenological Science
- Artistic Exploration (exploring color through water color painting and more)
- Thinking, Feeling and Willing in the Human Being
- The Human Being and the Kingdoms of Nature
- Elements, Ethers, Their Origins and Evolution on Earth
Formative Forces, Form, Process and Substance
- Experiments with Elements, Ethers, and their effects in Nature and in the Human Being
- Ecology, Economy and Social Life
- Archetypal Qualities of Gender and Sexuality
- Inner Development and Biography Work
- A Practical, Hands-on Approach to Astronomy
- A Holistic Approach to Nutrition, Physiology, and Food
- Health, Nutrition and Biodynamics
“In observing Nature on a scale large or small, I have always asked: Who speaks here, the object or you? I also take this approach in regard to my predecessors and colleagues... Thus when making observations it is best to be fully conscious of objects, and when thinking to be fully aware of ourselves." – Goethe.
“I can not tell you how the book of nature became readable to me, my long practice in spelling has helped me, it now suddenly works and my great joy is inexpressible”. -